Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

HOLY HALIBUT BATMAN- I leave for London in 3 1/2 weeks!
    Now that finals are over I'm full steam ahead on preparing myself for my semester abroad! I've been living on Google Maps and stalking the street view option to see where I may be living, what shops and restaurants are around and how far away I am from Prince Harry (I know some of you may be all "PRINCE WILLIAM IS SO MUCH HOTTER" but guys- he's married and I have to stay true to my ginger folk). 
   I've been talking a lot with my good friend Ashley Davis (WHO ALSO BLOGS!), who is studying in the UK for an entire school year. I've been asking her all of my annoying questions about what to pack, what NOT to pack, what to see when I first get there and of course, how to handle jet lag. It's been a tremendous help to have someone over in the UK that I know and can give me tips as I get ready to leave. It would not be an ideal situation to be going into this experience completely blind. 
   So in these next few weeks at home I will be probably be packing and re-packing my suitcases to make sure everything fits, babysitting like a fool to make some extra money and lastly, finding the most polite way to explain to people that I am not Ginny Weasley and I do have a soul. Also, I have to perfect my silly walk to present to the Ministry of Silly Walks and John Cleese upon my arrival into Heathrow. 
   Haster Lavister (K.Resch shout out) until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment